Athens & Ancient Corinth
Your private tour will begin at the Acropolis Hill, home to world renowned sites and monuments of the Golden Age of Athens such as the Propylea, the Erechtheion (statues of the Caryatids who were maidens dedicated to the goddess Athena and the god Poseidon), the Temple of Athena Nike and the Parthenon, the most perfect Doric Temple ever built, where you will have a fantastic view of the Odeon of Herodes Atticus, the Theater of Dionysus and the Areopagus (Mars Hill). From there we will drive to the Temple of Olympian Zeus which from start to finish (with intervals) took 638 years to complete and Hadrian’s Arch. Moving on we will visit the ancient Panathenaic Stadium, home of the first modern Olympics held in 1896, although interestingly enough Olympic Games were also held there in 1870 and 1875. As we watch the impressive Evzones (Presidential Guard) perform their duties you will have the opportunity to see the beautiful Presidential Palace as well as the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, the House of Parliament and Constitution Square.
Depart from Athens, we drive westwards along the scenic coastal road until we reach the Corinth Canal, which separates Peloponnese from the rest of Greece. (short stop) and then in about 10 minutes we reach the ancient town of Corinth (visit) where Saint Paul lived and preached for two years. In the ancient times, Corinth was among the richest Greek cities, as is quite evident by its remains of the Ancient Agora and the Temple of Apollo (6th century BC).
Free admission days:
Under 18 years old is FREE
*6 March (except Acropolis Museum)
*5 June (except Acropolis Museum)
*18 April (except Acropolis Museum)
*18 May (International Museums Day)
*The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days- except Acropolis museum)
Reduced admission for:
*Greek citizens and citizens of other Member – States of the European Union aged over 65 years old by showing their ID card or passport.
*Students of Higher Education Institutes and equivalent Schools from countries outside the EU by showing their student ID
*The accompanying parents on educational visits of elementary schools.
• 1 January: closed
• 6 January: closed
• Shrove Monday: 08.30-15.00
• 25 March: closed
• Good Friday: until 12:00 closed
• Holy Saturday: 08.30-15.00
• Easter Sunday : closed
• Easter Monday: 08.30-15.00
• 1 May: closed
• Holy Spirit Day: 08.30-15.00
• 15 August: 08.30-15.00
• 28 October: 08.30-15.00
• 25 December: closed
• 26 December: closed
- We use luxury Mercedes Benz vehicles, legal and licensed by the Greek National Tourism Organization, smoke-free, fully air-conditioned.
- Rates include all tolls, fuel, parking fees, and baggage charges.
- Not included: Drinks, meals, entrance fees, accommodation, licensed guides (optional) and/or gratuities.
- Prices are per car and not per person.
- The driver will wait a maximum of 60 minutes after the indicated pick up time.
- Tours are private, personal, and flexible just for you and your party.
- For all tours except layover tours that starts/ends at Athens airport there will be a surcharge of 25% (Athens airport is 45-60 minutes drive from Athens, Piraeus port).
- For services between 23:30 – 06:30 there will be a 20% surcharge.
- Names Lists: Upon booking confirmation, you must provide a full list (names & surnames) for all members of your touring party. This is required by local authorities for all tours and failure to provide such a list may result in the cancellation of your tour.
- Driver: Please be aware that your Driver is not permitted to enter archaeological sites and museums and offer a guiding service. Only Licensed guides, authorized by the Greek Ministry of Culture, are allowed to do so. Should you require a licensed guide to accompany you to the archaeological sites and museums, we can provide such service at an extra cost, or you can find a licensed guide on your own. Please note that, if you choose the service of a licensed guide for the full time of your tour, an additional seat in the vehicle will be required. Since your licensed guide will be in the vehicle during the tour. For example, should there be 3 persons in your party, you must select 4 persons on the menu, in order for the appropriate vehicle to be provided for your Tour.
- Licensed Guides: All accredited (official) guides are freelance professionals by law, who are hired by the operator on your behalf. The Licensed guide is responsible for issuing all pertinent documentation concerning his/her services (such as receipts, etc.).
- Full day tour duration with a licensed guide is 8 hours and a half-day tour duration with a licensed guide is 5 hours.
- Licensed Guides Extra Seat: Please note that, if you will be choosing the services of a licensed guide for FULL TIME, you will require an ADDITIONAL seat in your vehicle, since your guide will be riding with you. For example, should there be 3 persons in your party, you must select 4 persons on the menu (car type 4-7 people)
– Mercedes Sedan/Saloon (1-3 persons) max luggage: 3 pieces with the following maximum dimensions: height 63,5cm/25 inches, width 45cm/18 inches, depth 28cm/11 inches or 2 larger pieces
– Mercedes Minivan or Minibus 1 piece of luggage (up to above dimensions) plus 1 carry-on (not exceeding 3 kilos) per person. IMPORTANT: For each and every requested transfer service, you are required to inform us of the exact luggage description of your party.
Best of Athens & Ancient Corinth
With this tour you will explore the real and revealing beauty of Athens, visit the best highlights of our architecture, mythology, history, civilization and a wonderful drive also to Corinth Canal & Ancient Corinth!
Temple of Zeus
Changing of the Guards
Academy of science
Temple of Apollo
- Comfortable clothing and athletic walking shoes are recommended.
- Hat and sun glasses are suggested.
- Photography is permitted throughout the tour.
- Local cash needed for entrance fees and small expenses (25€ pp)