Athens & Acropolis Sightseeing
Our Athens Sightseeing City Tour starts by visiting the Acropolis hill, with well known architectural masterpieces of the Golden Age of Athens that includes Erechtheion (female statues of the Caryatides or Maidens dedicated to goddess Athena and god Poseidon), the temple of Athena Nike and Propylaea. You will also have a great chance to admire the monument (that puts an order in mind), which is the Parthenon. From the top of the Acropolis hill will have view to the Odeon of Herodus Atticus, the Theatre of Dionysus and the Areopagus (Mars Hill).
Then we will drive to the Temple of Olympian Zeus and Hadrian’s Arch, as well as the Panathenaic Stadium. This is the place where the first Olympic games of the modern era were held, in the year 1896. You will also see the Evzones (changing of the guards) in their majestic picturesque uniform at the Presidential Palace. Furthermore, the tour will provide a chance to observe the remarkable contrasts that make the city of Athens a fascinating place. Apart from this, we will also visit the Athens Trilogy of culture (the National Library of Greece, the Athens University, and the Academy), the Memorial to the Unknown Soldier, the House of Parliament, Constitution Square (Syntagma Square) and a spectacular panorama of the city from Lycabettus hill. We will also drive through modern Athens and stop off at Hermou street, the old city Plaka (and Flea Market) for traditional Greek delicacies and food, as well as to get something to drink. In the places we will visit, you can be certain that you will surely enjoy a wonderful shopping walk, with your family and friends.
Aside from this, if time permits, we will also visit a number of wonderful places in Athens, such as Hefestus Temple, Kerameikos, Greek & Roman Agora (tower of winds) and Socrates Prison. After lunch, enjoy a visit to the New Acropolis Museum or the National Archaeological Museum, one of the world’s best museums. We assure you that after your tour with us, you will have a great taste of Athens.
” Our Goal is to make you feel as Greek as possible and experience the Greek Philoxenia! “
Free admission days:
Under 18 years old is FREE
*6 March (except Acropolis Museum)
*5 June (except Acropolis Museum)
*18 April (except Acropolis Museum)
*18 May (International Museums Day)
*The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days- except Acropolis museum)
Reduced admission for:
*Greek citizens and citizens of other Member – States of the European Union aged over 65 years old by showing their ID card or passport.
*Students of Higher Education Institutes and equivalent Schools from countries outside the EU by showing their student ID
*The accompanying parents on educational visits of elementary schools.
• 1 January: closed
• 6 January: closed
• Shrove Monday: 08.30-15.00
• 25 March: closed
• Good Friday: until 12:00 closed
• Holy Saturday: 08.30-15.00
• Easter Sunday : closed
• Easter Monday: 08.30-15.00
• 1 May: closed
• Holy Spirit Day: 08.30-15.00
• 15 August: 08.30-15.00
• 28 October: 08.30-15.00
• 25 December: closed
• 26 December: closed
- We use luxury Mercedes Benz vehicles, legal and licensed by the Greek National Tourism Organization, smoke-free, fully air-conditioned.
- Rates include all tolls, fuel, parking fees, and baggage charges.
- Not included: Drinks, meals, entrance fees, accommodation, licensed guides (optional) and/or gratuities.
- Prices are per car and not per person.
- The driver will wait a maximum of 60 minutes after the indicated pick up time.
- Tours are private, personal, and flexible just for you and your party.
- For all tours except layover tours that starts/ends at Athens airport there will be a surcharge of 25% (Athens airport is 45-60 minutes drive from Athens, Piraeus port).
- For services between 23:30 – 06:30 there will be a 20% surcharge.
- Names Lists: Upon booking confirmation, you must provide a full list (names & surnames) for all members of your touring party. This is required by local authorities for all tours and failure to provide such a list may result in the cancellation of your tour.
- Driver: Please be aware that your Driver is not permitted to enter archaeological sites and museums and offer a guiding service. Only Licensed guides, authorized by the Greek Ministry of Culture, are allowed to do so. Should you require a licensed guide to accompany you to the archaeological sites and museums, we can provide such service at an extra cost, or you can find a licensed guide on your own. Please note that, if you choose the service of a licensed guide for the full time of your tour, an additional seat in the vehicle will be required. Since your licensed guide will be in the vehicle during the tour. For example, should there be 3 persons in your party, you must select 4 persons on the menu, in order for the appropriate vehicle to be provided for your Tour.
- Licensed Guides: All accredited (official) guides are freelance professionals by law, who are hired by the operator on your behalf. The Licensed guide is responsible for issuing all pertinent documentation concerning his/her services (such as receipts, etc.).
- Full day tour duration with a licensed guide is 8 hours and a half-day tour duration with a licensed guide is 5 hours.
- Licensed Guides Extra Seat: Please note that, if you will be choosing the services of a licensed guide for FULL TIME, you will require an ADDITIONAL seat in your vehicle, since your guide will be riding with you. For example, should there be 3 persons in your party, you must select 4 persons on the menu (car type 4-7 people)
– Mercedes Sedan/Saloon (1-3 persons) max luggage: 3 pieces with the following maximum dimensions: height 63,5cm/25 inches, width 45cm/18 inches, depth 28cm/11 inches or 2 larger pieces
– Mercedes Minivan or Minibus 1 piece of luggage (up to above dimensions) plus 1 carry-on (not exceeding 3 kilos) per person. IMPORTANT: For each and every requested transfer service, you are required to inform us of the exact luggage description of your party.