Corinth & Loutraki
From Athens, we will drive westwards along with the well known scenic coastal until we finally reach Corinth Canal. Corinth Canal is the one which separate the Peloponnese from the greater of Greece. We will have a short stop at Corinth Canal. From there In just about 10 minutes, we will reach the town of Ancient Corinth. This is the place where Saint Paul preached and lived for about two years. During the ancient times, the town of Corinth is considered as one of the richest cities in Greece due to the remains of Apollo Temple during the 6th century BC and Ancient Agora.
Loutraki is a very beautiful seaside city with a lovely beach and lots of amazing local places for lunch and drinks. Just about an hour away from Athens, Loutraki is an amazing choice for an exploration off the beaten path. On Mount Gerania just above Loutraki is the monastery of Saint Patapios, built in the 11th century. It is reachable by car and offers spectacular views of the northern Peloponnese, the Corinthian Isthmus and the Saronic Gulf. Another secret paradise of this area is Lake Vouliagmeni. Lake Vouliagmeni is a lagoon located 16 kilometers northwest of Loutraki, very close to the archaeological site of Iraion and to the settlement of Perachora. It has a maximum length of 2 km and a maximum width of about 1 km. Its depth does not exceed 40 meters. It has a sandy beach as opposed to Loutraki beach. This tour combines archaelogical sites, religious monuments, greek natural beauty, mountains, waterfalls, lakes and of course authentic local places for lunch and drinks. A fantastic choice to combine exploration with relaxation and make the most out of your time in Greece.
Free admission days:
Under 18 years old is FREE
*6 March (except Acropolis Museum)
*5 June (except Acropolis Museum)
*18 April (except Acropolis Museum)
*18 May (International Museums Day)
*The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days- except Acropolis museum)
Reduced admission for:
*Greek citizens and citizens of other Member – States of the European Union aged over 65 years old by showing their ID card or passport.
*Students of Higher Education Institutes and equivalent Schools from countries outside the EU by showing their student ID
*The accompanying parents on educational visits of elementary schools.
• 1 January: closed
• 6 January: closed
• Shrove Monday: 08.30-15.00
• 25 March: closed
• Good Friday: until 12:00 closed
• Holy Saturday: 08.30-15.00
• Easter Sunday : closed
• Easter Monday: 08.30-15.00
• 1 May: closed
• Holy Spirit Day: 08.30-15.00
• 15 August: 08.30-15.00
• 28 October: 08.30-15.00
• 25 December: closed
• 26 December: closed
- We use luxury Mercedes Benz vehicles, legal and licensed by the Greek National Tourism Organization, smoke-free, fully air-conditioned.
- Rates include all tolls, fuel, parking fees, and baggage charges.
- Not included: Drinks, meals, entrance fees, accommodation, licensed guides (optional) and/or gratuities.
- Prices are per car and not per person.
- The driver will wait a maximum of 60 minutes after the indicated pick up time.
- Tours are private, personal, and flexible just for you and your party.
- For all tours except layover tours that starts/ends at Athens airport there will be a surcharge of 25% (Athens airport is 45-60 minutes drive from Athens, Piraeus port).
- For services between 23:30 – 06:30 there will be a 20% surcharge.
- Names Lists: Upon booking confirmation, you must provide a full list (names & surnames) for all members of your touring party. This is required by local authorities for all tours and failure to provide such a list may result in the cancellation of your tour.
- Driver: Please be aware that your Driver is not permitted to enter archaeological sites and museums and offer a guiding service. Only Licensed guides, authorized by the Greek Ministry of Culture, are allowed to do so. Should you require a licensed guide to accompany you to the archaeological sites and museums, we can provide such service at an extra cost, or you can find a licensed guide on your own. Please note that, if you choose the service of a licensed guide for the full time of your tour, an additional seat in the vehicle will be required. Since your licensed guide will be in the vehicle during the tour. For example, should there be 3 persons in your party, you must select 4 persons on the menu, in order for the appropriate vehicle to be provided for your Tour.
- Licensed Guides: All accredited (official) guides are freelance professionals by law, who are hired by the operator on your behalf. The Licensed guide is responsible for issuing all pertinent documentation concerning his/her services (such as receipts, etc.).
- Full day tour duration with a licensed guide is 8 hours and a half-day tour duration with a licensed guide is 5 hours.
- Licensed Guides Extra Seat: Please note that, if you will be choosing the services of a licensed guide for FULL TIME, you will require an ADDITIONAL seat in your vehicle, since your guide will be riding with you. For example, should there be 3 persons in your party, you must select 4 persons on the menu (car type 4-7 people)
– Mercedes Sedan/Saloon (1-3 persons) max luggage: 3 pieces with the following maximum dimensions: height 63,5cm/25 inches, width 45cm/18 inches, depth 28cm/11 inches or 2 larger pieces
– Mercedes Minivan or Minibus 1 piece of luggage (up to above dimensions) plus 1 carry-on (not exceeding 3 kilos) per person. IMPORTANT: For each and every requested transfer service, you are required to inform us of the exact luggage description of your party.
Corinth Highlights & Loutraki
Discover Corinth History and Mythology through a Fantastic Road Trip! Then drive to Loutraki that is a very beautiful seaside city with a lovely beach, historic and religious monuments, and lots of amazing local places for lunch and drinks.
- Corinth Canal
- Ancient Corinth
- Temple of Apollo, 6th century BC
- Vima – The location where apostle Paul was judged
- Loutraki Waterfalls
- Monastery of Saint Patapios
- Lake Vouliagmeni (of Loutraki)
- Heraion ancient temple
- Comfortable clothing and athletic walking shoes are recommended.
- Hat and sun glasses are suggested.
- Photography is permitted throughout the tour.
- Local cash needed for entrance fees and small expenses (25€ pp)