Delphi & Meteora private 2 days shore excursion
1st day tour itinerary: Athens, Delphi
Depart thru Thebes to Levadia and Arachova for Delphi, known in ancient times as the navel of the world. Pass by Castalia Spring, visit at the archaeological site the Temple of Apollo famous for its oracle and the MUSEUM of Delphi, with its spectacular finds, including the bronze Charioteer, the Naxian Sphinx and the Statue of Antinoos. After lunch return to Athens via the picturesque mountain village of Arachova, built on the south slopes of Parnassus, well known for its attractive hand-woven carpets, rugs and quilts, as well as for its wine and cheese afterwards we drive to the scenic village of Kastraki, METEORA (overnight).
2nd day tour itinerary: Delphi, Meteora, Athens
Next day we will visit the monasteries of Meteora, The Holy Monastery of Great Meteoron, It is the biggest of the Meteorite monasteries, The Holy Monastery of Varlaam the second biggest after the Great Meteoro, The Holy Monastery of St. Stephen, it is one of the most attainable as we don’t have to cope with innumerable stairs to reach it. The Monastery of Holy Trinity that is the most difficult to reach, The Holy Monastery of St. Nicholas Anapausas, It is the first to meet on our way from Kastraki to Meteora, The Holy Monastery of Rousanou, that it is dedicated to The Transfiguration but honored to Saint Barbara. Then after lunch we drive to Thermopylae, the place that took place the most famous battle, 300 soldiers against the strongest army in the word, “the Persians” and then we will drive back to Athens.
Free admission days:
Under 18 years old is FREE
*6 March (except Acropolis Museum)
*5 June (except Acropolis Museum)
*18 April (except Acropolis Museum)
*18 May (International Museums Day)
*The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days- except Acropolis museum)
Reduced admission for:
*Greek citizens and citizens of other Member – States of the European Union aged over 65 years old by showing their ID card or passport.
*Students of Higher Education Institutes and equivalent Schools from countries outside the EU by showing their student ID
*The accompanying parents on educational visits of elementary schools.
• 1 January: closed
• 6 January: closed
• Shrove Monday: 08.30-15.00
• 25 March: closed
• Good Friday: until 12:00 closed
• Holy Saturday: 08.30-15.00
• Easter Sunday : closed
• Easter Monday: 08.30-15.00
• 1 May: closed
• Holy Spirit Day: 08.30-15.00
• 15 August: 08.30-15.00
• 28 October: 08.30-15.00
• 25 December: closed
• 26 December: closed
- We use luxury Mercedes Benz vehicles, legal and licensed by the Greek National Tourism Organization, smoke-free, fully air-conditioned.
- Rates include all tolls, fuel, parking fees, and baggage charges.
- Not included: Drinks, meals, entrance fees, accommodation, licensed guides (optional) and/or gratuities.
- Prices are per car and not per person.
- The driver will wait a maximum of 60 minutes after the indicated pick up time.
- Tours are private, personal, and flexible just for you and your party.
- For all tours except layover tours that starts/ends at Athens airport there will be a surcharge of 25% (Athens airport is 45-60 minutes drive from Athens, Piraeus port).
- For services between 23:30 – 06:30 there will be a 20% surcharge.
- Names Lists: Upon booking confirmation, you must provide a full list (names & surnames) for all members of your touring party. This is required by local authorities for all tours and failure to provide such a list may result in the cancellation of your tour.
- Driver: Please be aware that your Driver is not permitted to enter archaeological sites and museums and offer a guiding service. Only Licensed guides, authorized by the Greek Ministry of Culture, are allowed to do so. Should you require a licensed guide to accompany you to the archaeological sites and museums, we can provide such service at an extra cost, or you can find a licensed guide on your own. Please note that, if you choose the service of a licensed guide for the full time of your tour, an additional seat in the vehicle will be required. Since your licensed guide will be in the vehicle during the tour. For example, should there be 3 persons in your party, you must select 4 persons on the menu, in order for the appropriate vehicle to be provided for your Tour.
- Licensed Guides: All accredited (official) guides are freelance professionals by law, who are hired by the operator on your behalf. The Licensed guide is responsible for issuing all pertinent documentation concerning his/her services (such as receipts, etc.).
- Full day tour duration with a licensed guide is 8 hours and a half-day tour duration with a licensed guide is 5 hours.
- Licensed Guides Extra Seat: Please note that, if you will be choosing the services of a licensed guide for FULL TIME, you will require an ADDITIONAL seat in your vehicle, since your guide will be riding with you. For example, should there be 3 persons in your party, you must select 4 persons on the menu (car type 4-7 people)
– Mercedes Sedan/Saloon (1-3 persons) max luggage: 3 pieces with the following maximum dimensions: height 63,5cm/25 inches, width 45cm/18 inches, depth 28cm/11 inches or 2 larger pieces
– Mercedes Minivan or Minibus 1 piece of luggage (up to above dimensions) plus 1 carry-on (not exceeding 3 kilos) per person. IMPORTANT: For each and every requested transfer service, you are required to inform us of the exact luggage description of your party.
Delphi and Meteora 2 Days private tour
Wonderful 2 day private tour at Ancient Delphi and the monasteries of Meteora!
The Monastery of Holy Trinity
The Monastery of St. Nicholas
The Monastery of Varlaam
The Monastery of Great Meteoron
The Monastery of St. Stephen
The Monastery of Rousanou
- Comfortable clothing and athletic walking shoes are recommended.
- Hat and sun glasses are suggested.
- Photography is permitted throughout the tour.
- Local cash needed for entrance fees and small expenses (25€ pp)