Athens & Cape Sounion – Temple of Poseidon
Starting from the Acropolis Hill you will have the pleasure of visiting and learning about the great wonders of the Athenian Golden Age. As you are passing in front of the Propylaea, you will begin to feel a sense of awe and respect for the work of the ancient Hellenes. This feeling will increase as you continue on our way to visit the Erectheion (statues of the Caryatids who were maidens dedicated to the goddess Athena and the god Poseidon), the Temple of Athena Nike and of course the masterpiece and trademark of the city of Athens, the Parthenon. A Doric style temple dedicated to the godess Athena, one of the most inspiring buildings in the world. From there you will have an unparalleled view of the Odeon of Herodes Atticus, the Theater of Dionysus, the Areopagus (Mars Hill) and the Agora.
From there as we make our way to the ancient Panathenaic Stadium where the first modern day Olympics were held in 1896 you will also be afforded a view of Hadrian’s Arch and the Temple of Olympian Zeus. As we drive down the famous Herod Atticus avenue we will also be able to see the world famous Evzones (Presidential Guard) guarding the Presidential Palace. Time permitting we will also be able to see the National Library, the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, the House of Parliament and Constitution Square.
Only a few miles away from the center of Athens, lies a seaside idyll of wonderful beaches and local charm known as the Athenian Riviera. Beginning with the suburb of Paleon Faliron, our final destination will be the Cape of Sounion. The coastal road will provide beautiful views of the Saronic Gulf that must be seen. Along the road to the Temple of Poseidon at Cape Sounion, we will drive by the unofficial seaside capital of the Athenian Riviera, Glyfada, a cosmopolitan town famed for its shopping, food and entertainment. Except from Glyfada, we will pass through many beatiful seaside suburbs.
It will be hard for you to decide what is more splendid, the view from the Acropolis or the view from the Temple of Poseidon. On a clear day you can see seven islands!
This tour will give you the opportunity to discover another side of Athens, which is not very well known to most of the people.
Free admission days:
Under 18 years old is FREE
*6 March (except Acropolis Museum)
*5 June (except Acropolis Museum)
*18 April (except Acropolis Museum)
*18 May (International Museums Day)
*The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days- except Acropolis museum)
Reduced admission for:
*Greek citizens and citizens of other Member – States of the European Union aged over 65 years old by showing their ID card or passport.
*Students of Higher Education Institutes and equivalent Schools from countries outside the EU by showing their student ID
*The accompanying parents on educational visits of elementary schools.
• 1 January: closed
• 6 January: closed
• Shrove Monday: 08.30-15.00
• 25 March: closed
• Good Friday: until 12:00 closed
• Holy Saturday: 08.30-15.00
• Easter Sunday : closed
• Easter Monday: 08.30-15.00
• 1 May: closed
• Holy Spirit Day: 08.30-15.00
• 15 August: 08.30-15.00
• 28 October: 08.30-15.00
• 25 December: closed
• 26 December: closed
- We use luxury Mercedes Benz vehicles, legal and licensed by the Greek National Tourism Organization, smoke-free, fully air-conditioned.
- Rates include all tolls, fuel, parking fees, and baggage charges.
- Not included: Drinks, meals, entrance fees, accommodation, licensed guides (optional) and/or gratuities.
- Prices are per car and not per person.
- The driver will wait a maximum of 60 minutes after the indicated pick up time.
- Tours are private, personal, and flexible just for you and your party.
- For all tours except layover tours that starts/ends at Athens airport there will be a surcharge of 25% (Athens airport is 45-60 minutes drive from Athens, Piraeus port).
- For services between 23:30 – 06:30 there will be a 20% surcharge.
- Names Lists: Upon booking confirmation, you must provide a full list (names & surnames) for all members of your touring party. This is required by local authorities for all tours and failure to provide such a list may result in the cancellation of your tour.
- Driver: Please be aware that your Driver is not permitted to enter archaeological sites and museums and offer a guiding service. Only Licensed guides, authorized by the Greek Ministry of Culture, are allowed to do so. Should you require a licensed guide to accompany you to the archaeological sites and museums, we can provide such service at an extra cost, or you can find a licensed guide on your own. Please note that, if you choose the service of a licensed guide for the full time of your tour, an additional seat in the vehicle will be required. Since your licensed guide will be in the vehicle during the tour. For example, should there be 3 persons in your party, you must select 4 persons on the menu, in order for the appropriate vehicle to be provided for your Tour.
- Licensed Guides: All accredited (official) guides are freelance professionals by law, who are hired by the operator on your behalf. The Licensed guide is responsible for issuing all pertinent documentation concerning his/her services (such as receipts, etc.).
- Full day tour duration with a licensed guide is 8 hours and a half-day tour duration with a licensed guide is 5 hours.
- Licensed Guides Extra Seat: Please note that, if you will be choosing the services of a licensed guide for FULL TIME, you will require an ADDITIONAL seat in your vehicle, since your guide will be riding with you. For example, should there be 3 persons in your party, you must select 4 persons on the menu (car type 4-7 people)
– Mercedes Sedan/Saloon (1-3 persons) max luggage: 3 pieces with the following maximum dimensions: height 63,5cm/25 inches, width 45cm/18 inches, depth 28cm/11 inches or 2 larger pieces
– Mercedes Minivan or Minibus 1 piece of luggage (up to above dimensions) plus 1 carry-on (not exceeding 3 kilos) per person. IMPORTANT: For each and every requested transfer service, you are required to inform us of the exact luggage description of your party.
Athens & Cape Sounion
Visit the Best attractions of Athens combined with the beautiful Athenian Riviera and a scenic drive to Cape Sounion and the Temple of Poseidon
New Acropolis Museum
Temple of Zeus
Changing of the Guards
Academy of science
- Comfortable clothing and athletic walking shoes are recommended.
- Hat and sun glasses are suggested.
- Photography is permitted throughout the tour.
- Local cash needed for entrance fees and small expenses (25€ pp)