Cape Sounion Half Day Tour
A Fantastic Tour Along The Breathtaking Athenian Riviera
Cape Sounion Half Day Tour. Discover the Majestic Cape Sounion and Poseidon’s Temple
Escape the bustling city of Athens on a beautiful and rejuvenating road trip that unveils another side of this vibrant destination. Experience the true essence of Athens as you embark on a journey to Cape Sounion, where the magnificent Temple of Poseidon awaits.
Setting off from Athens, you’ll traverse the picturesque coastal road that offers stunning vistas of the Saronic Gulf. Pass through some of Athens’ most beautiful suburbs, including P. Faliron, Glyfada, Vouliagmeni, and Varkiza, before reaching Cape Sounion.
At Cape Sounion, you’ll have the opportunity to explore the ancient 5th century B.C. Temple of Poseidon. Marvel at its grandeur and immerse yourself in the rich history and mythology that surrounds this iconic site. The temple’s elevated location provides unparalleled panoramic views that stretch across the azure waters, offering glimpses of at least seven islands on clear days. Prepare to be captivated by the sheer beauty of the precipice, as it dramatically plunges 197 feet to meet the sea below.
For an unforgettable experience, consider starting your tour in the afternoon. As the day draws to a close, witness a breathtaking sunset at the Temple of Poseidon. The ethereal hues painting the sky create a magical ambiance that adds an extra layer of enchantment to your visit.
This journey to Cape Sounion and Poseidon’s Temple promises not only awe-inspiring sights but also a sense of tranquility and connection with ancient Greek history. Immerse yourself in the beauty of this remarkable destination and create memories that will last a lifetime. Join our private Cape Sounion half-day tour!
“This tour can be booked as a full day to include swimming either in Lake Vouliagmeni or at any organized beach along the way to Cape Sounio”
Free admission days:
Under 18 years old is FREE
*6 March (except Acropolis Museum)
*5 June (except Acropolis Museum)
*18 April (except Acropolis Museum)
*18 May (International Museums Day)
*The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days- except Acropolis museum)
Reduced admission for:
*Greek citizens and citizens of other Member – States of the European Union aged over 65 years old by showing their ID card or passport.
*Students of Higher Education Institutes and equivalent Schools from countries outside the EU by showing their student ID
*The accompanying parents on educational visits of elementary schools.
• 1 January: closed
• 6 January: closed
• Shrove Monday: 08.30-15.00
• 25 March: closed
• Good Friday: until 12:00 closed
• Holy Saturday: 08.30-15.00
• Easter Sunday : closed
• Easter Monday: 08.30-15.00
• 1 May: closed
• Holy Spirit Day: 08.30-15.00
• 15 August: 08.30-15.00
• 28 October: 08.30-15.00
• 25 December: closed
• 26 December: closed
- We use luxury Mercedes Benz vehicles, legal and licensed by the Greek National Tourism Organization, smoke-free, fully air-conditioned.
- Rates include all tolls, fuel, parking fees, and baggage charges.
- Not included: Drinks, meals, entrance fees, accommodation, licensed guides (optional) and/or gratuities.
- Prices are per car and not per person.
- The driver will wait a maximum of 60 minutes after the indicated pick up time.
- Tours are private, personal, and flexible just for you and your party.
- For all tours except layover tours that starts/ends at Athens airport there will be a surcharge of 25% (Athens airport is 45-60 minutes drive from Athens, Piraeus port).
- For services between 23:30 – 06:30 there will be a 20% surcharge.
- Names Lists: Upon booking confirmation, you must provide a full list (names & surnames) for all members of your touring party. This is required by local authorities for all tours and failure to provide such a list may result in the cancellation of your tour.
- Driver: Please be aware that your Driver is not permitted to enter archaeological sites and museums and offer a guiding service. Only Licensed guides, authorized by the Greek Ministry of Culture, are allowed to do so. Should you require a licensed guide to accompany you to the archaeological sites and museums, we can provide such service at an extra cost, or you can find a licensed guide on your own. Please note that, if you choose the service of a licensed guide for the full time of your tour, an additional seat in the vehicle will be required. Since your licensed guide will be in the vehicle during the tour. For example, should there be 3 persons in your party, you must select 4 persons on the menu, in order for the appropriate vehicle to be provided for your Tour.
- Licensed Guides: All accredited (official) guides are freelance professionals by law, who are hired by the operator on your behalf. The Licensed guide is responsible for issuing all pertinent documentation concerning his/her services (such as receipts, etc.).
- Full day tour duration with a licensed guide is 8 hours and a half-day tour duration with a licensed guide is 5 hours.
- Licensed Guides Extra Seat: Please note that, if you will be choosing the services of a licensed guide for FULL TIME, you will require an ADDITIONAL seat in your vehicle, since your guide will be riding with you. For example, should there be 3 persons in your party, you must select 4 persons on the menu (car type 4-7 people)
– Mercedes Sedan/Saloon (1-3 persons) max luggage: 3 pieces with the following maximum dimensions: height 63,5cm/25 inches, width 45cm/18 inches, depth 28cm/11 inches or 2 larger pieces
– Mercedes Minivan or Minibus 1 piece of luggage (up to above dimensions) plus 1 carry-on (not exceeding 3 kilos) per person. IMPORTANT: For each and every requested transfer service, you are required to inform us of the exact luggage description of your party.
Sunset at Cape Sounion, Poseidon’s Temple
Experience the wonders of Cape Sounion and Poseidon’s Temple on a fantastic tour along the breathtaking Athenian Riviera. Enjoy panoramic views of the stunning Athenian Coast while visiting the iconic temple of Poseidon at Cape Sounion.
- Comfortable clothing and athletic walking shoes are recommended.
- Hat and sun glasses are suggested.
- Photography is permitted throughout the tour.
- Local cash needed for entrance fees and small expenses (25€ pp)